Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2007, 09:45 PM

Default POG Movie/Music/TV Club Thread

Wut?

Thread for a POG club on movies, music, and to a lesser extent, TV. Like a book club: a particular album, movie, or a disc of a TV series is chosen each week by someone, and then we discuss it.

But this is just for fun, not a necessarily highly intellectual exercise. You can pick whatever you want when your turn comes up, and you don't have to post an essay for discussion.

To give people a little headway on getting ahold of albums/DVDs, we'll always keep two weeks worth announced at a time. So you'll have a week to get it, a week to watch it, and then we'll discuss it.

I can't do this right now / every week / I hate music / I hate movies

People can join or leave freely as time permits. Again, just for fun.

I'd suggest not joining in only for stuff you KNOW you'll like and avoiding the rest, because that's the fun part of stuff like this. A lot of stuff that I love, I only found because someone else told me about it and convinced me to try it. But if you just want to join in when we're doing a movie or album you like (or were planning to watch/listen to anyway), that's coo.

Halp, I can't find this album / movie!

PM me or grab me on AIM, and I'll try to help you out.

I want to pick something for the club, because your taste sucks.

Good, because I don't want to be picking stuff constantly. Just shoot me a PM and I'll add your pick to the list. First-come, first-served in terms of order, but only one pick at a time, so everyone gets a fair chance to get in. I'd really rather have to deal with too many people wanting to choose, than no one. So definitely send me your picks.

Can I talk about movies/music/TV shows that aren't on the club's list?

Yeah, sure. Otherwise the thread will probably become a "bump once a week, fall away for the other 6 days" kind of affair. Just cut it down a little bit when the week is up, so that we can do the club thing; once discussion on the last album/movie has died down, go ahead and talk about whatever again until next week.

What if I'm not even doing the weekly stuff? Can I still join in the other discussions that spring up?

Sure. Like I said above though, just make room for the weekly discussions when they come up.