Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2007, 09:34 PM

Default I Think It\'s Time ...

I post this.

First off, the fact is that since Dene Tribe is obviously referring to Snyder when he talks about a more complicated system that is reason alone for him to also mention Snyder’s name whether or not he independently came up with his own system.

However, I think everyone would find this excerpt from a Snyder email to me dated July 3, 2006 illuminating.

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, when I read Harrington II, I was amazed at how similar my chip strategy chapter was to much of his advice. My entire book was actually written by the end of 2004, but Cardoza was so late on getting two other manuscripts I'd sent him to press, that I never sent him the poker manuscript. I updated some of the material by adding in data from the 2005 WSOP, none of which was in the original manuscript. By that point, I had almost quit playing tournaments. Karen and I were doing so well online, that the money from these small buy-in tournaments seemed negligible. The comments I make on Harrington II in my book were really pasted in long after I had developed the strategy I was using. I really did devise the whole thing starting from Sklansky's "System."

[/ QUOTE ]

Now let me address the Tribe article just a little bit. First off, I don't know Dene Tribe at all, and I have requested through our magazine editor Dynasty that Tribe be made aware of this thread so that he can come here and address these issues if he wishes to do so.

In a post below, MRX5000 writes:

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, I do believe along with yourself that you deserve some type of credit about you're blinding off theory (I'll just call it that because simply put it's how long it takes to blind out). The other formula seems like an abbreviation of this formula. But to be honest, your formula seems almost identical to Harringtons. Did you realize that Harrington adjusts his M according to the number of players at the table and a correction factor can be added based on how many hands per hour? Now take into account the zone theory he comes up with and you pretty much have the same theory as yourself except it 2 times 2 instead of 2 plus 2. The answer is still 4

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. If Snyder wants credit for his blinding off theory/patience factor approach, let this post serve as my official recognition of it. Furthermore, I will state that as far as I know, Snyder was the first to put this sort of thing in a published book, report, article, etc.

But I also want it known, that I agree with MrX5000 that "your formula seems almost identical to Harringtons." And furthermore, unless I'm misreading the email I have from almost a year ago, that at least back then, Snyder did too.

MM