Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Re: Farha VS. Sbrugby

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i usually save my comments and prefer to lurk, especially in these type of pissing contest threads, but seriously why does everyone swing from aba's dick whenever these threads get started? i'm sure i'll get flamed but i don't really care, he is an excellent poker player, and one of the top 2 or 3 best online cash players in the world, but why would u guys think he has any edge over sammy in a live setting especially in PLO which is sammy's strongest game? is it impossible for someone other than aba and antonius to have an edge in a game? sometimes you have to give credit where credit is due, and if the high stakes regulars find it hard playing sammy in PLO i'm sure that aba will have a harder time than they do, for a number of reasons the most important of which is that sammy is a live poker player and not an online player and no matter what anybody says, it changes the game when u go from online to live no matter how good you are you will be giving away things that you never would online, therefore giving the edge to ur more experienced opponent, its simple logic...

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN.

I'd put my bankroll on Sammy winning this.

Even if it was just NLHE, I'd still say Sammy wins. He is NO WHERE near as bad as you guys seem to think on NLHE. Where are you getting this from? TV play? Ridiculous, its TV, you try to have an image.

Sammy will outplay Townsend 9/10.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you guys bring up some good points. I think if Sammy wins, he should give Bryan a rematch online. Let them play 2500 hands hold'em and 2500 hands omaha.

But I think Bryan is a little over his head here and he should be a little wiser. Sammy has the home court advantage.