Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2007, 04:15 AM

Default Re: WSEX: Official Monthly Thread: June. (#10 of 10.)

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you Mike and 2+2 for providing this venue.

When I first came on here, I stated I wanted WSEX to not only offer the lowest rake but the best platform. That's still the goal.

Last July, WSEX faced a technical "to do" list with 160+ items. Today, 110 have been resolved and another 10 have been scratched. There are very few features left on the list to add. It is mostly made up of hyper-technical back end tweaking projects.

The last upgrade cleaned up most if not all of the bugs brought up in last month's thread.

Are there any other complaints about the platform? Bugs or feature requests?

Fred Balfour
General Manager
WSEX.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I am very satisfied overall with your software. Here are some minor quibbles --

1. Like PokerStars, WPEX does not handle the button and blinds correctly when the small blind or big blind sits out or leaves the table before the next hand starts. The rule is simple. A player must post both the big blind and small blind before receiving the button.

If the small blind leaves or sits out before the next hand starts, the correct procedure is to leave the button where it is and have the big blind from the previous hand post the small blind. Instead, both WPEX and PokerStars move the button to the big blind of the previous hand. Thus he gets the button without having posted the small blind, and the next active player to his left posts the small blind without having previously posted the big blind.

If the big blind sits out or leaves before the next hand starts, then the button correctly moves to the small blind of the previous hand, but the next active player to the left gets to post the small blind without previously having posted the big blind. The correct procedure is to have this player post the big blind on this hand and the small blind on the next hand.

Again, the rule is simple. A player must post both the big blind and small blind before receiving the button.

2. If you are playing in a tournament and open the Tournament Info window, you cannot act on your hand or do anything until you close the Tournament Info window. It would be convenient to have this window open when moving up the tournament payoff ladder.

3. The software is very slow to balance tournament tables.

4. No breaks in tournaments.

David Solomon