Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2007, 07:16 AM

Default Re: Should I be raising this? $540 Venetian

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, stop being an ass and post legitimate criticisms and thought processes about the hand in question if you want to be here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll try;

1. When you hit a set with a low pair you want to get as much chips in as possible. Survival mode is only applicable at the bubble and even then I'd say you should raise the river. This is the type of flop, turn and river you want with a low pair!

2. If the tuirn/river is blank a lot of the hands that should scare you are gone. You are afraid of a back door flush draw. If an ace would come all the better for you.

3. If you raise and he has a higher set so be it, you won't have this happening to you that often and a 2 pair will (should?) call you.

4. Getting a big stack early in a tourney is often better since you will have much more room to make moves. You wont get flops like this often enough to make fancy plays when you do!

5. It's never good for anyone to see a hand that you play. You want to give as little information on the hands you play as possible. You want the players at your table regarding you as an aggressive player, that will keep them from playing aggressiv against you later in the tourney, if you play passive they will start to stab at you!

6. The fact that he didn't have a hand that would have called you is not niotressting, the times when he has a hand that will call you is!