Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2007, 02:51 AM

Default Preflop raising with JJ, TT, 99

When/if to raise with these cards has always been a matter of question for me. I used to raise with these cards more often then not but they were two of my biggest losers (JJ & TT).

Lately I've been limping with them more often then not and I find that i'm losing a lot less with them. Is this a worthwhile trade off though? Am I giving up equity by limping and releasing when I can put someone on a higher pair? Or does it make more sens to raise and get guys out of the hand with A-x, QT, and those types of hands.

Part of the problem is the c-bet I usually lay after I come in with the PFR. Maybe an altered stategy of raising and then a probe bet? Or even no check and see what happens? I don't feel great about a probe bet because those seem to get chewed up and spit out when playing online more so than B&M.

If it helps my PFR% for these is:
JJ = 74.19%
TT = 65%
99 = 57%

Out of those 99's are my biggest winners followed by TT which is less of a winning hand but still positive, and then there is JJ which is a losing hand over 8,000 hands for me. Thanks for any suggestions or thoughts in advance.