Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2007, 07:07 PM

Default 3/6 Live 93s in BB

Very LP table. Not many PF Raises. Early on so not much in the way of reads yet except for the usual playing too many hands by most.

UTG Folds, The rest of the table limps, the SB completes, Hero Raps with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB.

(8 SBs) Flop comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], SB checks, Hero Bets, Folded to HJ who calls, CO(older tourist looking guy)Raises, Btn Folds, SB folds, Hero 3 bets, HJ folds, BTn calls. HU to the turn.

(7.5 BBs)Turn comes the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Hero Bets, CO calls.

(9.5 BBs)River comes the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Hero Checks, CO bets, Hero calls.

I may have really messed this one up. Not completely sure though. Trip hands out of the SB and the BB are haunting me a lot lately. If he was on a str8 or flush draw he had odds the whole way. A gutshot he didn't quite have the Odds but then again Odds aren't considered by hardly any at 3/6.

Questions:Flop-Is this a spot for a CR or just ABC betting out like I did? People tend to get very passive with flops like these and just check them around a lot. Also, is my flop 3bet lame? With his raise on my flop bet I could be up against a few different hands here. A weak J, a strong J, most likely not a 9, str8 draw, flush draw. I was hoping to get rid of the HJ which I did to get it heads up with CO.

Turn-Not the best card for me. Turn bet okay or?

River-Def not a card I wanted to see. CC here like I did or Vbet? To me this is a C/C or C/F (I really hate to fold on the end with trips).

I haven't seen too much here on this forum about trip hands like this one. I'll have to search a bit. They are costing me $ lately. I like to play them very agg early on because they are vulnerable like this hand with this flop.