Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Re: ARRGHHH

Pirates Of the Caribbean

I finally got to see this yesterday and I'll say it, I didn't like it.

First off, the movie has way too much filler. There was absolutely no reason at all to have an almost 3 hour movie. I feel like they were trying to turn the series into some epic that will be remembered forever. I would rather soon forget the third installment ever existed.

Secondly, I hate what they did to Jack Sparrow. In the first one and for the most part of the second one, the character was a quirky, goofy, likable guy. He brought a lot of enjoyment to the film and added a lot of humor. In the third one though, it was like a change in personality to just plain weird and unamusing. I feel like they were trying to make him more dynamic when they didn't need to.

Thirdly, there was no need for all those stupid ass tripping out scenes. They really put me to sleep and added nothing at all to the movie.

I thought it was so obvious what was going to happen. I'm not someone who just says that for the sake of saying that. I'm usually pretty clueless in guessing what is going to happen, but if I could figure it out early on, I'm sure many others have.

Finally, I hope to God they don't try and make a 4th one now. I know you got to leave it open incase, but please, just stop now.

===========

I saw the movie with a friend of mine and I told her she was about 2 seconds away from becoming my pillow during the movie. I've ever been so bored and tired watching anything in my life.

The best part of the movie was the previews: A new Pixar movie called Ratatouille that looked real cute and funny, like every other Pixar movie; Transformers that looked badass on a big screen with the surround sound going but will probably be lame; Knocked Up which looks quite funny to me (I've stayed away from people talking in this thread about it to not ruin it).