Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2007, 06:33 AM

Default Re: So U R going to LV During WSOP---STFU and watch!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is the "last aggressive action shows first" rule controversial? I'd look at the dealer like he grew a second head if he asked me to show first. I'd just like to know so I can give the floor pre-emtive crap about a horrible rule.

[/ QUOTE ]
"Standard" in Vegas is "last aggressor shows first if there was action on the river. If the river was checked down, hands are shown starting with left of the button and working around. Which is what fishhead describes, he just phrased it differently.

There are exceptions. Dunno if they still do it, or if they ever really did it, but a dealer once explained in great and explicit detail that the rule at Bally's is last aggressor shows first, regardless of what street the action took place. So if it's bet on the flop, but checked on the turn and river, whomever bet the flop is first to show. But that's unusual and I was never really sure that was an official Bally's rule and not just a single dealer on crack. I was surprised by this and made sure she had said what I thought she said, and she explained she was 100% sure that was the official Bally's rule. But I never asked a floor and oddly enough, in like the year since that happened there hasn't been any controversy about who shows first when I've played at Bally's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Proper terminology from some 30 years ago when I was a kid and around this racket was "He who initiates last action shows first."

When there was a check, bet, call on the turn, and a check check on the river, what was the last action and whom initiated it?

Answer correctly and get a cookie.