Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2007, 09:20 AM

Default Re: How Do You Meet New People?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
kkountry I hope you don't think I'm needling you but "i'm also the only one of my friends that goes to my school" really means "I have no friends at school."

Well, make friends at your school. Talk to people. Its so easy to meet people in a school setting if that's what you want to do. They're all around you!

[/ QUOTE ]

no offense taken as far as the 'needling' goes.

i wish i could describe more vividly how much going to a school without a traditional campus (lots of grass, dorms, houses, apartments, restaurants, bars, etc) sucks, but i think i'm having a hard time getting my message across.

my current school situation really depresses me. economically, it makes sense as i don't have to pay a dime and i can live at home for free, but socially it's crippling.

i lived on campus in downtown Detroit my freshman year and it was awful. to say that the dorms were not socially conducive was an understatement. the place turned into a ghost-town thursday night through sunday morning. everybody would drive to other colleges (where they could drink without fear of outrageous MIP tickets and go outside after dark without the fear of getting held up at gunpoint) to party all weekend, why go to the D when you can get plastered at Wastern?

i wish i could transfer to a school with a "real" campus, but unless the state of michigan allows me to transfer my scholarship to another one of their fine institutions because i might put a bullet through my head if i'm stuck in Detroit another year, i'm going to have to meet people somewhere else besides that shtthole.

edit: this wasn't a 'poor me' post. i am just looking for suggestions outside the usual 'meet people at school' because my situation isn't very conducive to this, thanks, i appreciate all the constructive words in this thread

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, all I know about Detroit comes from having seen 8 Mile on TV once... but can't you make friends at rap battles?