Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Draw Ladder/League

This is not a scheme to boost affiliate business at all. Obviously a common area has to be chosen to play tournaments/ladder matches at. Carbon was chosen for many reasons:

1. USA Players are welcome
2. They are set up for heads up Draw matches (stars is not)
3. They will kick in added money to private tournaments
4. Private tables are available, easy to create and password protected

There is no requirement to sign up for Carbon through my site to participate in league (although it is no difference to you whether you do or don't), however prizes will be larger for the league/ladder at the end and CarbonPoker's willingness to add money to the prizepool for our tournaments will be dependant on players who sign up through my affiliate account.

In order for me to offer prizes/maintain the website etc, I will need to have atleast a small amount of cashflow coming in obviously. Most of this will be piled into prizes especially in the early stages, and some will be used to pay for hosting/developement.

CarbonPoker is simply the best all around offer for hosting such a league & ladder that there currently is. If stars offered heads up draw, added money to tournament prize pool, private table creation, etc I would no doubt choose to play there. And just because league is starting at Carbon poker does not mean it will remain there forever, if another site offers the same/more of what we need for our league I would move there regardless of any referral/affiliate abilities.