Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Best Laptop for Poker

Hey all,

Here's my quick story. I play high stakes, and the other day I was playing NL5000 when I 3bet with KQ. Someone cold called, and we saw a flop of QQ2 three handed. On the turn, my computer crashed, and I came back to see the other two had got it in for a 13k pot. Time for a better laptop.

Tee one I have now is a thinkpad R52 that my school distributes, but I would like a laptop on the side JUST for poker. The screen should ideally support 1600x1200. Also, it has to be fast and powerful, because currently I like to attach 2 2007FPS to the laptop (one through the VGA port and the other using VTBook from Village, which basically is another video card and stressful to the computer). So, the laptop should have the best things (RAM? Memory? Video stuff?) to play poker (having 3-4 sites open, with 7-8 tables open, and stuff like PAHUD, PT, PTO, buddy lists, etc all open at the same time as well) with without me worrying about the whole thing crashing. Does such a laptop exist? I dont' mind paying for the best, but I'm not really sure where to start.

I'd like to sit here and say I'll ONLY have poker stuff on it, but I'm sure AIM and some other minor programs will find their way onto it as well.

Thanks for reading this and helping out.

Greg