Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2007, 08:42 AM

Default I dunno about these Christians..

I suppose it all comes down to what we consider reasonable evidence - that is, sufficient evidence for belief and faith in a deity to become a 'reasonable' decision.

The many many 'encounters' have got to make you wonder what's really going on. Perhaps you have never witnessed the change that I am describing. Even if you think you have good 'sufficient' answers that don't involve a God of any description as the roots of these 'encounters' I'm yet to find a good one that seems reasonable. And this is precisely where the buck stops for me.

I am talking directly of the encounter with God that gives hope to the suicidal, sight to the blind, freedom and everything that prophets and Jesus spoke of.

They say that personal evidence is the hardest to argue with , that's easily understandable and perfectly reasonable.

I put it to you that the sorts of changes that occur in the follower of Christ can not possibly be end-products of something that amounts to nothing more than a lie. It's not reasonable by any measure to say that what has happened to believers I know is because of mis-firings in the brain - it doesn't add up, though if it does, I feel confident that I may someday see the truth.

In fact - What I have witnessed is so perfectly explained and summed up in the bible that it leaves me without doubt that it is indeed a unique and accurate book.

I'm not looking for a diagnosis, or conversion of anyone here. Just wanting to accurately portray exactly what the fruit of belief in God is, obviously people disagree as to how 'religion' benefits people and society - but lets talk about modern Christianity and exactly what it looks like.

No doubt some of the first things that comes to mind is Creationist nit-wits, Pedophile ministers and conservative fundamentalists who are a constant annoyance.

I put it to you that this is in so far away from what a true follower of Christ looks like and how they behave, I wish that there could be an accurate representation of Christians here. perhaps it wouldn't be suggested that some atheists here have agendas if there were an honest portrayal of the faith.

What does the Christian look like.. to you?