Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2007, 10:52 AM

Default Re: I don\'t want to be tracked, period!

[ QUOTE ]

I, too, would like to know why the chain of custody/legitimacy of the chip can't be determined through its original holder.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was explained [on another website or blog, I can't remember]. Nolan took his friend back to the MGM cage to do just this. However, the friend didn't have his play tracked when he won the chip and nor could he remember exactly where and when he won it. His story was insufficient for the MGM, so they refused to return the chip.

If refusing to cash the chip was "ill," refusing to work more closely with Nolan's friend to establish custody was "double ill."

That's the greatest illness of this entire case. The MGM should have said to Nolan originally: "I'm sorry, but we don't allow our chips to be used to satisfy private debts. We won't cash this for you. We're are going to test to make sure it's not counterfeit. If it's legit, you must return it to the rightful owner and he/she must cash personally." Had MGM said this, there would be no basis for complaint.