Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2007, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Villians Who Love to Float the Flop: Theory Question

Most villains probably aren't "floating" you per say, they aren't thinking "hmmmm I don't think he hit that flop I'm going to call and take it away on the turn", it's more like "I has cards - CALLALLCLALL!!11". So you need to differentiate which villains are very loose and will call cbets with garbage and the more thinking type players. And don't feel obligated to cbet stations, some villains you can simply check when you miss and not lose much value because they'll call down anyway when you connect big.

To me a float isn't just flat calling a flop cbet with a marginal hand or air, but it includes a bluff or bet of some sorts on later streets. A villain who is a good floater and can successfully execute these multistreet bluffs is rare at 10NL so I don't think you have to worry about it. If you have a read that you are being floated, you can double barrel on a scare card, or double barrel semi-bluff. The double barrel semi-bluff can be a very profitable play when you have fold equity and solid outs to go along with it.
Another way to defend against a floater is to CR the turn. It rarely use this play and you should preferably have some outs to go along with it. I definitely recommend you don't go overboard on this stuff. Experiment with it, but it isn't going to make up a bulk of your profit at 10NL.