Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What was in the suitcases?
$1 bills with $100s on the ends 21 58.33%
Honest-to-God $100 billz 10 27.78%
Green pieces of paper 5 13.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2007, 11:03 AM

Default Re: So, we are going to Foxwoods in May

On Thursday night at about 7:30, Drew, Todd and David rolled up on my crib. After dropping off their stuff, we headed out to dinner downtown in ever-so-glamorous Middletown, CT at a fairly nice Italian place called Lupo. I had some shrimp & spinach ravioli, which were really good (8/10); Drew also got some ravioli of some other variety; don't remember what David got, but Todd got like 3 whole chickens, and proceeded to take like 3 hours to eat them. Anyway, dinner was quite nice. We stopped by Dunkin' Donuts on the way back to my pad in order to get some coffee to fuel our night of drinking and playing HOES (Hold 'em, O8, Stud high). When we got back to the joint (my house), we saw Matt (Str8Fish) sitting outside my house in his car (hence his message). Luckily, he'd only been there about 5 minutes.

It took us way longer than it should have to figure out how to do buy in and get chips counted out for our game. But eventually we got to donking it up. We were drinking Grey Goose pear, the bottle of champagne from the December Foxwoods trip (which was Domaine St. Michelle, 8/10) that never got opened, and also the "champagne of beers"--Miller High Life (10/10). And I don't want to hear your lip, Wookie.

Anyway, in one noteworthy hand, Matt raised first in and I 3-bet 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on principle. Everyone else folded. Todd was dealing and was like "Hey, man, what you got?" I showed him my cards and was like--"I'll flop you a set for a nickel." I shook my head yes and then he dealt out A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Matt donked and I raised, he called. The turn brought the 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Matt pulled an unexploitable check-raise, which I promptly 3-bet. He called and then wisely donked the river, which also got raised. Ship me your $2, Matt. That's +.5bb at 2/4. I dragged the pot and threw Todd his $0.05.

After this we played some Halo, which I totally dominated. Matt was pretty good, but Drew and Todd were both abysmally bad. Around this time, David and I came up with the idea of mixing the Grey Goose pear with birch beer (7.5/10). It seemed like a good idea at the time. David enjoyed the drink muchly and praised my brilliant concoction. (He was unwilling to drink the Grey Goose straight, claimed, "Oh, wow, that's killer, eh?" or something equally Canadian and wussy (perhaps that's redundant?). He also ordered his coffee at Dunkin' with like 6 creams and 9 sugars or something like that.)

Anyway, whenever someone approached Drew in Halo trying to shoot him, he immediately started just spinning in circles and firing his gun. Todd and Matt both spent a while attacking their teammates, as they didn't realize that the colors switched after each match. After the Halo, we played some more poker, and some Wesleyan people came by the house to drink and stuff. Matt left at some point, complaining about how late it was (it was like 11:30) and talking about how hardcore we were partying (we weren't).

The rest of the night is sort of a blur, but Todd claims that as we were going to sleep (he and Drew slept in my room) we played a game called "Micros Free Association," wherein he names a microer, and I say the first word that comes to mind. This quickly devolved into him saying the name of a microer and me immediately retorting "GAY!" I don't really remember this, though.

Anyway, it was a fun night. I had a great time donking around and chatting with these guys.