Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Bank is threatening to close my account if I continue “Online gambling

Hey guys on the 19th of April I requested a bank wire transfer from Epassporte, a bunch of things went wrong but finally last Thursday I was told I would be receiving the wire within 3 business days. I thought today was the big day and that I would be finally receiving my wire. Instead of receiving the wire I received a call from the Anti Money Laundering Department of Commerce Bank. The lady I spoke with told me that the wire was rejected because it was from an Illegal Gambling Institution and she told me that I had two options. One was to close my account and the second was to go on a sort of probationary period where I had limited abilities and my account would be monitored for one year. I told her I was dealing with Epassporte which is not an Online gambling institution and I do not know why there is a problem, she continued to say that it was a gambling institution and that I had to stop any such activity. She told me that Internet Gambling was outlawed and that she was just doing her job to protect me, I asked her protection from what and she had no answer. During the conversation she had a very condescending tone and really just acted unprofessional in my opinion. She also told me that if I opened up an account at any other financial institution the result would ultimately be the same.

As far as I knew the bettor was not acting in an illegal manner when gambling online, is this true? Also how could she say epassporte is an Internet Gambling Institution, as far as I knew they were a diversified company?

So what is my play here?