Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2007, 08:39 AM

Default Re: How to play FR against Stars nits?

I have some sympathy, I just started playing with a small br after a break. I had to spend my old br because of rl issues ( got married basically and we had to pay for it somehow ) and am stuck in NL25 until the br grows some.

Anyway I'm shocked at just how nitty the FR NL games often are at low level. You can of course slowly chip up just basically stealing small pots but the disadvantage of this is that all the progress and more can and often will disappear in one hand that goes south.

You can forget getting action on good hands because people are basically sitting around waiting to go all in with a monster and have no interest in playing marginal ( or often even quite good ) hands for any real stake. My experience is that if you have action but not a nut hand you are probably in trouble in these games.

All in all the games are probably still beatable but they sure as hell arent what anyone in their right mind would call good. Personally I tried em and quickly moved over to play 6 max instead.