Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2007, 12:48 PM

Default Re: I am no longer tipping the dealers at CAZ until.......(long)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I disagree, and do not think it is "practically the same thing."

Had Player C reached over and tabled player B's cards then, yes, he would be wrong. Same if he had looked at the cards and told him he had the winner. Those are actions taken that would indicate to me that he was trying to help Player B read his hand before it was tabled. He would have been making an effort to help player B. That is a no-no.

That is quite different than simply calling out the ranking of an already tabled hand, which is precisely what Player C did. Player A's hand was already on the table, face up, when Player C announced, "nothing." There is nothing wrong with someone reiterating how tabled cards "speak," IMO. That is perfectly acceptable to me, especially if the dealer isn't doing their job here, which also seems to be the case and a major point of yours in this thread, overall. What is the difference if player B calls out the tabled hand, or the dealer?

"Nothing is not a hand value. Every hand has a value (at least in a game which doesn't have a qualifier)"

True. So then this basically means that Player C isn't even necessarily referring to a hand or anything relevent to the game going on in front of him.

What if Player C had tabled his hand, and what if it was a full house and Player A had said, "Boat."? "Boat," is not an offical hand ranking either. It is poker jargon for a a "full house" in the same way that "nothing" is taken to mean "no pair" or "high card".

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy shouted out nothing was just trying to speed the game up rather than wait for a while for the guy to figure out the guy tabled a busted hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly right. So what? If I'm Player A I don't shout out 'NOTHING' or 'You have me beat so just show your hand'. Do you? And, if you are Player A, having started to think that just MAYBE Player B is going to make a mistake and throw away his hand, feel any irritation towards Player C? Say no, I nominate you for sainthood.

[/ QUOTE ]

I await my nomination.

Since cards speak, another thing the "villain" could have said was table your hand sir and the dealer would have made the same decision. In this case the villain just used his voice to speak for the cards, no harm done. No if this were to happen at a high limit game I think the discussion would be very different, but thats poker.