Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2007, 06:30 AM

Default What\'s your table image?...And is mine a problem?

I am playing at my normal 5/10 limit game the other day and 10 minutes into the game I am on the button with AKs. I do what I normally do and raise. The big blind is a dealer I know his name but haven't played him before even though he apparently knows me and my image.

He raises me and I immediately reraise. We end up capping it. the flop comes K high rainbow. He checks and I bet.

He flips out and folds face up saying "anything but a king!!" I look down and there are two Aces staring back. I think about it for a second, and turn my hand faceup. "Oh" he says "I thought you flopped a set, the way you played preflop" WTF

This is the latest example from people who actually pay attention (usually against dealers & a few regulars). Luckily, not too many people pay attention. But my question is am I leaving money on the table with this kind of image, or should I stay tight. I can sometimes go an hour between playing hands, sometimes people notice, sometimes not.

Also, what is your image? Is is what you want it to be? Do you actively cultivate it, or do you even worry about it? Thanks for the help guys, I am learning alot from you all.

my two scents [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]