Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2007, 01:17 AM

Default 10/20 deep flopped flush at Bellagio

My first post in HSNL, so please forgive me if I left anything important out.

Interesting hand from tonight at Bellagio. I bought in for $8k but had dwindled down to $6850 when this hand came up.

The hijack is a kid named Jim who lives in Vegas and apparently plays live cash full-time. I played with him yesterday for the first time, and he seems very willing to splash around in pots with or without the goods. He has me covered, and the cutoffs stack is almost identical to mine.

Jim opens to $80 in the hijack, the cutoff calls, I call on the button with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], the SB folds and the BB calls.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, Jim leads out for $220, and I raise to $800. The BB folds and Jim tanks before calling $580 more.

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

To my surprise, Jim leads out for $1500 into the $1930 pot. I think for a bit and decide to go with it, and jam my $5950 total. I am almost entirely new to live cash games, so I'm not sure what kind of hand these players have to have to get 340BBs in.

My question is simple. I'm wondering if I can ever make a case for doing anything but moving my stack in here. I guess laying the hand down is an option, but calling an evaluating the river seems very unusual. Please discuss.

Thanks,
SS