Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Thin Value Bet @ Turning Stone

15/30 at Turning Stone. Game is really loose passive. Lots of old east coasters which means a lot of bad limit hold'em. Only two tight TAGs in the game both of whom limped. 4 limps and I have KK in the cutoff. I raise, BB calls, and the 4 limpers call.

Flop: 6d 6s Qd

A loose passive player who'd limped UTG (old guy) bets out after the BB checked. The other loose passive guy, and both TAGs fold. I call. BB folds. This guy's was anything from diamonds, to a 6 or a Q, maybe even a hand like 55. I didn't have enough information yet, I could beat most of the hands in his range, and I didn't want to get c/r from the BB.

Turn: 6s 6d Qd Ac

He bets again. I call again. Situation is still about the same. A player like him still might bet here w/ 55, but probably would slow down at this point. Now, I can't beat the nut diamond draw. So, his range is still fairly wide enough for my hand to be able to win...I think?

River: 6s 6d Qd Ac 6c

He bets. I raise. He calls. He shows a Q and mucks. The third 6 lowers the possibility of him having a 6, so I can eliminate that, and the only hands that are in his range are possibly busted diamonds, the nut diamond draw, or hands like QT. So, I raised for value. Too thin maybe?