Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2007, 02:20 AM

Default Clicking speed, auto actions and online \"tells\"

This has been discussed in a lot of cheap-ass Internet poker books, but I'd like your opinion in the special case of low-limit HE, since weak players may overuse them and give out some information about their hands (this is player dependent, so I'll assume here the guy seems pretty weak)

1. Automatic Actions - Preflop

We all multi-table and auto-folding a hand when in EP & MP for instance is something I often do. Is this OK, or do you think it "tightens up" your image? (I don't do it in the CO, Button or in the blinds, looking for possibilities to steal depending on neighbors)

Next, in my short experience, I've seen plenty of insta-raises preflop, and it has always been AA thru QQ or sometime jacks (compared to other great hands like AK), do you agree? I mean, is it usually correct to fold the flop if unimproved when you noticed that PF?

Same goes for auto-call...apparently the trend is in the offsuit broadway and suited connectors range. Or am I dreaming?

2. On the flop and latter streets

Is the correlation between an auto-call and a drawing hand (on a relatively highly connected flop) strong enough to make this assumption?

This could be a good opportunity to steal on the river if you were yourself on a sort of draw (?)

3. Bluffing

At $1/$2 and lower, is it your experience that a good player had used the auto-raise option to represent a strong hand?

Conversely, would you try it yourself?

4. Beyond the auto-actions

Did you guys learn something valuable regarding the clicking speed of your opponents? Sam Fahra and other good players count in their hand before acting, but online...I never know what to think when a guy takes forever to decide. He may be on another table, or on the phone, or getting a bj from some hooker. So should I completely dismiss any clicking tell?