Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2007, 08:10 PM

Default Re: How far has NL poker come? How far do we have to go? (abstract/lon

[ QUOTE ]
Way way way too many variables to have "PSC convergance"... as one thing changes it all changes.. kinda like economics, you can only analyze things when you keep A, B, and C constant, etc.. (I've only taken first year econ courses so don't bother cutting me up.. lol)

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely agree its all connected, and I actually wrote something about that in the OP but it was kinda convoluted and the post was already long enough, so I deleted it.

But basically I think that the interconnectedness makes studying individual stats tough, but there are some exceptions. Simple preflop stats like VPIP and PFR have certainly become more uniform over time, and definite trends have emerged. Also I always keep fold flop to cbet displayed, and while this used to be all over the place even for decent players on party, on stars this year it has been much more consistently in a certain range for my tough opponents.

Also, knoweldge about what stats actually mean could be gained by watching how they move together. And the way I defined PSC, it doesn't suffer from this problem anyways (debateably).