Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2007, 06:58 AM

Default Re: Knowing your math. Basic draws.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Push. I'm surprised more people haven't advocated this. ...

I think he only calls us with sets and pair + combo draws, and even then we have outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, don't want to single people out, but that bolded statement is horrible. Why? This type of player, sure, may only call with those hands... But they have those hands so, so often in that spot! Plus, i'm always unpleasantly surprised to see even tighter players call with insanely loose holdings.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you misunderstood the point on my post. I was trying to say that shoving the turn (or just raising it) has a lot of FE against a ton of hands that he can have here that we beat.

Obv, if we get called, we are going to be behind. But I disagree that he shows up with a pair + combo/sets nearly that often. Most of the time he mucks his PPs/ small flush draws.

I agree with Isura- I don't think your average 1/2 nit is very good and doesn't necessarily think through the hand properly. So i think the raise is good because of how much FE it has.

I guess it comes down to disagreeing on his range. I think he has 99-QQ way more often then a set or pair +combo draws- you think otherwise.

Regardless- I enjoyed the post, Bobbo.
thanks