Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2007, 07:58 PM

Default HS/College or new grads: How big is poker among young people?

This is directed to the younger 2+2ers.

I'm trying to get an idea of how big poker is nowadays in high school and college, and among young graduates.

Here on 2+2 we read all the time about kids winning/losing 100k+ in a session before they can legally drink, and tons of stories about tourney scores in the hundreds of thousands or even over a million. But is that sort of stuff known about and talked about a lot at schools?

If I were to go to your high school or college:

a) What percentage of people play poker sometimes / regularly, like once a week or more /all the time, every day or almost every day / etc?
b) What percentage of people play at limits where they are regularly winning/losing over $100/$1,000/$10,000 per session?
c) How many kids in your school are making over $100,000 per year at poker?
d) How much do the people who don't play poker know about how much people are making?
e) Does the party crowd play poker? Do athletes play poker? Is it "cool" to play poker?

No need to answer these like a quiz, that's not the point, just write whatever you think the "state of poker" is among your peers. What I'm trying to get a feel of is how common it is to play poker, what kinds of limits are "normal" games, what the perception is of poker players, etc.