Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2007, 06:28 PM

Default Re: talk about your finance job interview

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah I can echo scorpion mans sentiments that its very important to show up prepared for these things. They all give you the same geenral questions so its important to go in with a prepared answer that sells yourself at the same time. Check out the vault for interveiw preping, make sure to research the firm so you can ask intelligent questions and show up early.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if you were interviewing a candidate, you would want prepared answers to your questions and a sales pitch from the person? Are you hiring an accountant or a trader who can react to unforeseen events better than his competitors?

[/ QUOTE ]

The answers shouldn't sound prepared...that is part of the game...but the general pitch of your interest in the space and the firm specifically should be prepared. Again, this is a matter of style, but I would actually SCRIPT answers to the most important quetsions at the most important firms I cared about. I would then practice them many times and skinny them down to a bullet point format...the last thing I was always doing as they called my name was feverishly scanning my bullet point list...