Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Best books for starting a small business?

Go to Ebay and buy jeffrey Taylor's stuff. You absolutely cannot go wrong learning his management stuff. i can't imagine any property manager not knowing his stuff.

get the book by Gary Keller about general real estate. very good book for beginners.

Get the abc's of real estate investing. A book by one of Rich dad's advisors. robert kiyosaki didn't write the book, its a good book to determining what is a good deal.

Education about acquiring rental property, that, you need A LOT more than a few books to learn how to do.

There are people that are better in this specialty than I am since I primarily flip real estate (for now). I am sure you can go to mrlandlord.com or landlord.com (type it into google if it doesnt come out right) and ask questions about how you acquire rental properties.

I have my crude ways to acquire properties. My methods work rental properties as much as they work for single family houses. But my methods are quite aggressive and a beginner may not be comfortable using them, ie. Aggressively marketing to pre-foreclosure properties, negotiating deals with the owners, etc etc.

start with those books i told you about for now.

Cheers