Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2007, 12:30 PM

Default Dropping down in Limits ...

So I've been struggling with my game and of course the first thing to go is confidence. I talked to my coach and he suggested that I drop down in limits to regain it. He also told me to find a table that has a lot of very fishy players. I mined the 10NL tables and found all the fishies ones. Table selection is so key.

I sat to the right of this one huge LAG-tard who I've seen play higher up but I guess was also rebuilding his roll/confidence at a lower limit. Since we both have played higher up, I figured he would respect my game.

I decided to play my regular 90/0/0 game and look for leaks. I played really well and after an orbit, realized that my bad run at 50NL was just plain variance (LOL! LDO!)

Here are my stats from the session:

After analyzing them, I noticed that my VPIP is a 7% lower than normally, but I think tightening up a bit was good - I felt like anytime I limped, Muckemsayuhh would raise me.

I took away many things from the session:

1. Don't let pride get in the way of dropping down and looking for leaks.

2. Always be thinking about how to improve your game. Pokertracker is your friend! Imagine if EM2 used PT! I'm sure it would help him with his downswing.

3. Table select.