Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2007, 06:11 AM

Default Re: Helpful tips for hosting a home game

[ QUOTE ]
* Only having 1 person handle the bank/chips.

This will help eliminate the bank being wrong at the end of the night, and if it is, it is one persons responsibility.

* Writing down the buy-ins & cash-outs for each player.

I use a simple spreadsheet, printed out to record these numbers. This also helps to keep the bank right and provides a record of cash->chips & chips->cash transactions.

[/ QUOTE ]

One banker: great idea. I've had to go to this sort of thing after my home game has been off a couple times (once more than $60 [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]).

I agree with pfap - the spreadsheet seems a bit much, but I'm interested in how this helps your bank be correct. I always assume I've either counted out too many chips on buy-in or buy-out to make the bank wrong, so I don't see immediately how a record would help, but I'm open to ideas. Nothing's more frustrating than paying out-of-pocket to make your bank right when you've already had a losing session (except maybe a two-outer on the river).

That said, great suggestions by all. I'll add mine: if you play a variety of wild card and/or crazy games, have a list of acceptable games so it's not a new variation every round. We have a list about 10 games long for our 1/2 nights.