Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2007, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Stratosphere Poker Room - Suggestions and Improvements

it is still in the same crappy location. there s been talks about moving it. however, when the poker room and sports book bring in 1-3% of gaming revenue, it is extremely hard to justify.

i think it s safe to say that the strat is not trying to be a major player in the poker field. there s just way too many poker rooms on the strip.

we dont even really have much of a locals market if any. we are at 30-40% capacity max.

more analysis will need to be done but on observations it seems that the tournies drive the cash games. they run 9am/1pm/8pm/12am. there s usually only 1 cash table going from 1-8pm. The only times you'll see people in the room is during a tourney. After 2 hours of the completion of the tourney, it is back to 1 table of 1/2NL.

the tourney attracts the tourists who dont wanna shell out over $100. they re all inexperienced. right now i m trying to find ways to bring the occupancy %'s up.

my first inclination is looking at tournies, then finding various games to spread. moving the poker room out of its current location will have a major impact on the bottom line. we ve lost 40-50% profits from July 06 when the poker room moved.

but w/o the idea of moving, i am looking for ways to work with what they have at the current moment.