Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2007, 05:49 PM

Default BLOG: T-God

Who wants to read my blog?

SIKE! YOU'RE ALREADY READING IT SUCKAZ!

Anyway, as discussed in the ATF thread DieCarter is allowing only ONE special poster to have a trial poker blog in The Lounge. Since this is The Lounge, I suggest you all read this first.

Here's my current situation: I used to be good at poker. Now I am not. Basically from January 2006 (when I started NL) to August 2006 I did quite well building at the mistakes games on Party. After August I started getting burned out and not playing alot of hands every month. This wasn't a big problem since I still made a decent amount of money. Then last winter I found some soft high stakes games (which have since closed) and December and January were both record months despite me still being lazy at getting hands in (~$30k and ~$40-50k respectively). I was up 80k at one point in January but had a downswing towards the end that made me want to quit playing so high. So I decided to 9-table 2/4 at Party instead, hoping for some stress-free grinding money. This went very poorly. I dropped like 8 buy-ins after grinding for a few days straight (20k hands). This was very annoying so I took even more time off and had 0 motivation. Then I tried the same thing at 1/2 and it went just as well. I think the problem is that I am unable to play that many tables well. Here's a nice graph/PT shot of that period of time: here . That straight line just keeps goin' if you want an updated graph.

I'm currently 4tabling 1/2nl trying to re-build. I'm still rolled for much higher but if I can't beat 1/2 then what's the point?

So if you read all that, then you know where I'm at right now. I plan on updating this thread with graphs, HHs and my thoughts when they come to me. It will either turn out well and I'll move back up to mid-stakes or you all get to see a trainwreck. GL me.