Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2007, 04:28 PM

Default The BIG issue of one player per hand in online play.

I'll probably get in Mod Hell for this. But, in reading all this stuff about FTP bots and other threads, I continually see in depth discussion about the issue of multiple players per hand in online play.

I think the issue deserves its own thread. And let me start it off by giving my opinion: While it certainly is not at all enforceable (USING THE CURRENT TECHNOLOGY). I think, at its core the concept of one player per hand is just as important for online play as it is for B&M play. To me, that means that as the technology becomes available enforcement of this core poker philosophy should follow.

Even right now, sites do what they can to enforce this philosophy. Things like turning off observer chat late in tournaments and disabling chat all together when a player is all in show that PokerStars is trying to do what it can in the respect.

Posers constantly float the argument that if a site doesn't explicitly state the single player per hand rule than it's OK. Well, I guess technically, they are correct, but I think there off-base on the core concept of poker, which is that during game play, poker is ALWAYS an individual effort, and having others coaching you during a hand goes agaisnt this.

-RJ