call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alobar:[ QUOTE ]
They obviously dont want to get rid of the bots, they just want to appear to care to ease the concerns of the players, but keep right on getting the rake the bots generate.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not necessarily in the short-term interest of a site to remove the bots. 1) Extensive banning would frighten the casual player when the news spreads out. 2) Bots generate lots of rake. 3) A poker site has limited resources so investigating these claims are "wasteful" from the financial and labor point of view.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah. Hell if I ran a site I wouldnt care either. Its butts in the seats and it's alot of money in my pocket. And it doesnt matter if I dont fix the problem because people are still going to play anyway. They'll bitch and moan about bots but they keep right on playing. Look at party poker, horrible customer service, keep raising rake, everyone hated them, yet we still kept right on lining up to play. We (the user base) have shown the sites time and time again that they can do whatever they want and we will still keep coming back for more. The bot issue is no different.

So its not like they are worried about long term consequences either, becuase they know there really arent any. All they have to do is appear to care and make it seem like its safe, and thats good enough for the typical player. Hell the typical player(fish) is soo clueless its funny. They play online poker even tho they "know" its 100% rigged, they havent got a clue about the reality of the situation, and they obviously don't care. and as long as they keep playing there so will we. And the sites know this. I bet they sit around and laugh at all our "im withdrawing all my money right now!" comments. Where are we going to go? Just to some other site that has bots, only they do a better job of making it seem like they care.

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't completely true. Look at PokerRoom and the Prima network. Both have had some VERY big problems with customer service and people getting their money, and as a result of that there are very few people "in the know" of online poker (e.g. 2+2ers) that play there.