Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2007, 02:37 PM

Default How do you handle these situations?

Part 1) My friend and I are playing 1/2nl last night at the Borgata. He is sitting to my right, and I am bored and drunk so I am doing a lot of blind raising UTG, blind 3betting him when he opens, and in general 3-betting him a bunch because he's really laggy and gives me too much respect.

We're in a hand where he bets the flop and I raise him on the button. The woman to his right starts talking about how we're friends, and neither of us have anything and we're just trying to fold people out so we can win the pot. I let this one slide. She makes the same comments a few hands later when he opens UTG and I 3bet him, saying that we're "just trying to chop up the pot" (which has $3 in it). What's the best way to handle this?

Part 2) I forget to tip the dealer after I win a pot where I blind 3-bet AA and flop a set. I'm super tired and zoned out and I've been forgetting to tip when I win pots all night, but I usually remember a few hands later and tip then. Anyways I remember to tip this dealer (Erin, blonde, kinda tall) a few hands later and give her $2 because I felt bad for forgetting. Erin is friends with the woman from part 1, and both of them start in on how I should be tipping at least a redbird for that hand. WTF? I didn't bother saying anything, but Erin is the second dealer who has made my no tip list (which really, really takes a lot since I enjoy tipping and overtipping dealers, especially when I'm winning). Standard?