FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Bonds Haters: Please post why you hate Bonds

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sloth,

"While the media thing is amusing, he is also well known for being a prick to his teammates."

I think a lot of people would be surprised at how much of a prick many super-elite athletes are to those around them (teammates, staff, etc.). Most just put on a lot better face to the public than Bonds does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is true. Most of them are well known for being a**holes. But it's not the only reason I don't like him.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know this?

People with actual facts should make claims like this, not cause you once saw Tiger yell at his caddy, or read an article in SI.

FWIW - if I had to endure media, slagging, disgruntled fans, etc., I wouldn't be the sunniest personality in public either. Sports fans are insane and demand way too much of their idols. I would take the Jordan approach - think that's probably the optimal way to handle athletic superstardom.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is more about him being a dick to fans than it is him being a dick to the media. I saw him in spring training back before he had broken the single season homerun record. He may have been in a bad mood or something but a ton of kids were leaning over the railing trying to get his autograph and he was basically ignoring them. A kid who must have been like 8 or 9 leaned over to far and end up almost falling over but was pulled back by another fan--but in the process he dropped the hat and pen he was reaching out over the railing with.

Bonds walked over and picked up the pen and hat and then walked into the dugout. lol
I have to admit I thought it was pretty funny cuz I thought Bonds was just playing around...but he never came back up so I guess he wasn't.