Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Pickup basketball incident....

My friends and I were playing basketball today at a public court in the area. I am a student and live in Montreal so this is the first day I have had a chance to play ball outside, as university just finished. Now keep in mind 2 out of the 6 kids with us don’t really play basketball often and they are kinda terrible.

Halfway through the second game a kid comes up to us and asked if his team can have next game. As I was about to accept the challenge I looked around and saw that all 3 other hoops were empty so I said sorry man but we just want to play each other right now. The look he gave me was like a dear in the head lights, he could not believe what I just said. The following conversation goes like this.

Him “Wtf man haven’t you ever played street ball! This is a public court”

Me “yeah dude but we brought 6 kids for 3 on 3 and there are plenty of free hoops”

Him (looking at his friends) “this kid wont let us play what an a**hole!”

Me “Look , if the place was packed I would say sure but, I didn’t come here to not play and neither did my friend!”

Him “this kid is ……( I didn’t hear) sucking everyones D**K!”

Me “ I don’t need to explain myself to you dude, NO!”

Him “whatever man f**k you”

We keep playing… he talks on his cell phone and then leaves. Is it my obligation to accept every challenge even when other hoops are free? I kinda felt bad that this kid didn’t have anyone to play with but is not having friends my fault? OOT am I way off here? He was just so surprised it made me feel like maybe I was wrong.