Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Republican debate thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you are 100% wrong in your belief that the terrorits problem is with the government and not the people of the US. Their problem is with our ideals, our freedom and our status as infidels.

They have said that very plainly, and I see no reason not to believe them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shortly after 9/11 I watched an interview with an American reporter who had recently interviewed Bin Laden (before the attacks). He said that Bin Laden appeared very smart and articulate, and wanted three things:

1. U.S. to stop supporting Israel.

2. U.S. to end the embargo on Iraq at the time, as innocent children/people were dying from lack of food.

I forget what the third was, maybe for us to get out of the Middle-East in general with our oil interests and such? In any event, all 3 of these points are perfectly reasonable. Yes, Israel might be eradicated after we stop giving them tanks, but that's not really our problem. They also might have to try to make nice. If U.S. citizens want to support Israel's military with private donations they can feel free.

Anyway, for a while after 9/11 there were a bunch of Americans (college students) who did think it was largely our fault, and I agreed. In the last couple of years though, all public opinion has shifted to the belief that the terrorists just want us eradicated because we're not hardcore Muslims.

I don't know what the real story is, but I do recall reading some messages from terrorists in the last year or two that blamed the U.S. citizens for voting the wrong people into office - and again, that's a reasonable position.

[/ QUOTE ]
This has got to be one of the stupidest comments I have ever heard. What do you propose?...letting the terrorists elect leaders for the US?
Its a real shocker that terrorists don't like who we elected....99+% of them are infidels. We could appease them and give in to all thier demands, and then they would come up with a new list of more drastic demands....all culminating to the demand of mass conversion to Islam.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's reasonable to say that we've elected bad people lately. Most of the world would agree.

It isn't reasonable to be a terrorist.