Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2007, 04:15 AM

Default Question 1

I guess my first post was to vague or had to many questions so i will try to break it up. I mostly play live no limit but i sometimes play mid stakes limit just for the entertainment value due to the fact of some of those guys are nuts. When trying to put others on hands based on their bets calls and raises how do "YOU" create ranges for their possible holdings.
Are you using SS or HOH as starting hand guide lines for preflop action as to narrow down and eliminate hands that he represents but could not possibly have or is the range changing with every flop turn and river
When does someone floating a pot sized bet on a drawless board indicate a set vs an overvalued top pair
I guess to be blunt what is your thought process and where does it come from when using the action minus any physical tells to narrow his range down. How is that range changed by the amount of pots he is in. Does a loose player never get credit for aces and a tight player is never bluffing.