Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Re: NEW LEGISLATION PASSED: ONLINE STOCK TRADING NOW ILLEGAL

[ QUOTE ]
I think the argument that the OP is making is that I, having no skill at investing, can risk/gamble tons of my own money daily with my online broker without any due diligence. I can, for example, randomly pick stocks available for trade with my broker. Heck I can even assign randomly stocks from my effective universe of the NYSE, AMEX, and OTCBB names and throw then on a roulette wheel. Then pick my investments based on a spin. I could throw options and due this on margin if I wanted to.

I'm sure someone can show examples of people who are addicted to day trading, and how it's had a negative effect on lives for that matter.

Does't the book "Random Walk Down Wallstreet" prove on a daily basis stock movement is random - and determined by the luck of the draw?

If the argument here is that long terms experts have been shown to make a profit, we all know the same holds for poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Cake, my boy, Raven beat you to it:

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/St...=&minisite=

I guess that may be the decisive point in the argument, unless someone has actually figured out how to teach a monkey to win at poker (Mike Matusow excluded)