Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2007, 02:06 AM

Default Re: poker essays

[ QUOTE ]
Dude this is really not the place to just cut and paste everything you've written about poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree. That's why I just posted 4 articles instead of two dozen.

[ QUOTE ]
You might want to submit your articles to the 2+2 magazine (PM Dynasty or something). But I don't think you're going to spark much discussion. If you have a specific point you want to debate, post a paragraph.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to spark a specific debate. I'm just giving away a lot of poker ideas that have helped me win. Isn't the medium stakes limit hold 'em a good spot to post a bunch of material about the ins and outs of beating medium stakes limit hold 'em games?! Do I really have to break it down hand by hand?

[ QUOTE ]
What do you hope to gain from this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I've explained my motivations already.

I know 2+2 has become paranoid about the possibility that anyone might gain in any way from a post they make. It's true that maybe my site might pick up a couple members from this giveaway. But so what? I think the dozens of original essays I'm giving away to this community should more than compensate for any minor gain I might make. What's the problem here? Do I seem like a spammer who is trying to make money on google ads by driving traffic to some crappy site? Are you afraid that my little rinky-dink website is going to be too much competition? Do you really think someone who comes to my site will stop reading 2+2? I haven't even stopped reading 2+2, and I OWN THE SITE! I just can't imagine why this is an issue.

This is good material and the users of this forum who read it will benefit. IMO, that's all that should matter. If you want to delete / lock / whatever this thread, well, that's your perogative. As just about the only person at 2+2 who isn't a mod of some forum or another... I can't stop you! ;P

-Eric