Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2007, 11:43 PM

Default 7even 4our Poker League

Hey - new to this forum. I am in a poker league that has about 25 people in it (all co-workers and spouses). We have a lot of fun doing it. We buy in at $10 for each tourney and we keep stats and rankings. But I have a problem with our point system and wanted to get some inputs.

We give points based on several things - where you finish, final table (final 6 players) - then points for finishing in the money (1-4) - of course more points for winning - points for winning with a 7-4 hand (story behind this and the name of the league) - but my problem : points for eliminations - 5 points each.

I think we give too many points for eliminations. So my questions is - how important is eliminations to an overall ranking system?

To put this in perspective - I am the only player that has placed in the final table for all 5 of our tourneys. I finished 6th once, 5th once, and 3d three times. In our Spring circuit, I am currently ranked 5th overall. But, I finished 3d in both of our spring tourneys...the person who ranks in 1st placed 20th in one tourney and 2nd in the other...the ONLY reason he is ranked first is because he got a lot of eliminations in last tourney. He is very loose and had a lucky night. When he's not lucky, he ends up in 20th (about his normal). So he gets lucky one night and wins a lot of all-ins and so he is in first place. The person in 2nd - won last tourney, but placed in 19th in the other. A win is a win...and I haven't won...so no problem...same with the 3d place person. But the 4th place person is only there because of eliminations.

I talked to our host and he seems to place a lot of emphasis on eliminations as to say who is the best/champ. I don't. I think we should give points for it, but you get as much PER elimination as you do for making the final table.

So, what do YOU think...should you be able to lead a league based on eliminations? If you finish 20th and 2nd over 2 tourneys, should you be ahead of a guy that finished 3d at both tourneys?

Check out our website: http://home.comcast.net/~drygh/sevenfour.htm