Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2007, 12:56 PM

Default Re: haha

Indifferent between raising and calling on the river in the first spot. Need better player reads to sort out the indifference.

Against a solid player I had plenty of hands on, I could definitly fold for the final bet. I normally can't get inside a 40/20's head, so as a default I would call.

I remmeber folding a set of 6's in an enormous pot at a live ring game getting something like 24 to 1 in a situation where it seemed even more obvious than this that I was beat.. Only to have 2 of the remaining players turn over 2 pair, and the other having a busted straight/flush draw that decided to raise the river on another flush card. Since then I have never folded a good hand in a 20+BB pot unless I knew every player in the hand was a solid player in an emotionally good state.

You were at the table though, you saw how these players play. Only you can make this judgement call. I'm sure you knew before posting this that you would get criticized for the fold. If you don't know the players that well, it was a bad fold. If you did, 2+2 will tell you it's a bad fold, but no one can really knwo unless they were at the table with the players themselves and know what you know.