Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Resteal problem solving (stars 100r)

Lately i've been 3 betting people pre flop more and more and trying to set them up by 3 betting light to start then laying off them till i have a hand. The 100r is actually one tournament i don't like 3 betting a [censored] load in because its a move everyones ready for and used to, but you still need it in your arsenal.

The villain in question in this hand is about 13/10/3. His open had always been 2.5X and he had been opening in LP once a round every round for quite a while now.

I was waiting for a good situation and manageable enough hand to shoot back with, and this one looked just pretty enough.

A while back i made a post "teach me how to check a flop" that had to do with checking after open PFRing and this is a little like that, but not so specific.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t200/t400
(Ante: t25)
7 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t22782
UTG+1: t44172
MP1: t17547
CO: t8505
Button: t19797
SB: t15118
Hero: t22760

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to t1000</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t3200</font>, Button calls t2200 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t4575)</font>.

My question for all of you is, on what kind of flop textures are you looking to cont bet, on which are you looking to CR, on which C/F and which c/c?

Feel free to discuss not specific to my starting hand, but in general what kind of textures you look for.

Thanks guys, Bond