Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2007, 11:52 PM

Default I made a deal last night that cost me an arm and a leg...

Last night I made the final table of the Stars 100K garunteed. The prizes went as follows (approx):

7th: 4.5k
6th: 6k
5th: 7.5k
4th: 9k
3rd: 11k
2: 19k
1st: 31k

We ran the numbers with 7 people and I would have gotten 13k. I was in either 3rd or 4th place at this time. Basebaldy, who was also at the FT of the Full Tilt demanded we give him an extra 2.5k or so or no deal... the deal fell through at this point though.

I was fine with giving this guy extra money for a few reasons other than he had a decent DB. For me placing in 7th or 6th (4.5k & 6k respectively) would be devastating when I had a chance to take 13k. What I'm tyring to say is that it didn't seem it was worth the risk to me. Because the difference between getting 6k and 13k is enormous to me. But the difference between me getting 13k and 20k is not as big given the stakes I want to play and my current bankroll.

It then got down to 6 players thankfully and we ran the numbers again and I would get 15k in a straight chip chop. But since basebadly wanted some extra money and this other guy demanded an extra 400 my number went down to 14.1k. I happily accepted this even know it was a [censored] deal.

It feel great to take down 14.1k which is my biggest tourney score yet. But I felt like a such a bitch for having to beg these two guys to make a deal that was incredibly favorable to them. Had it been a smaller buyin there would have no such deal or argument from me. What are you thoughts on how bad this deal was for me? Could it ever be okay given how I viewed the money (paragraph 2)?