Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2007, 03:17 AM

Default Caddying Thread!

I thought this would be a good spot for caddies and former caddies to talk about the courses they caddy at, bitch about [censored] players, tell good stories, etc.

Personally I have caddied at Chicago Golf Club for the last 7 summers I think, but won't be this summer. I actually didn't want to last summer (cuz I make a lot more playing poker) but my parents told me if I lived at their house I had to caddy atleast 3 days a week. Anyway the course is totally badass, but most people have never heard of it (it thinks its in the 30's in Golf Digest's top 100 in the world). Average bag probably paid about $65 and doubles were very common on Fridays and the weekend. The highlight of my caddying career was two summers ago when the Walker Cup came to Chicago Golf and I got to caddy for the top ranked European player, Rhys Davies. It was kind of interesting watching the differences between the US and European teams.

Things that annoy me: bags with individual club dividers, the backpack straps that are attached in the middle (izzo style), guys with ball retrievers, guys who use my towel as a sweat rag, and over-inflated handicaps.