Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2007, 01:32 AM

Default introducing my dad to pop culture - TV

OK I hang out with my dad a couple times a month. He's 63, and basically he knows nothing about pop culture past say 1975, and thinks most of it is total garbage. I tried with music but he just couldn't get the stuff I was giving him, which is OK, whatever. Now I want to try with TV - he of course thinks anything on TV now is junk (and he obv doesn't own a TV but can watch stuff on his PC). I am thinking of good things to give him made in the past 10-15 years. I put together a CD and am thinking about the next one. The stuff I give him has to be <u>accessible</u>, stuff that you could get the premise of easily on the first viewing.

First CD is:

2 Simpsons episodes, I randomly grabbed S6 so put my two favorites from there in it, the stonecutter's episode and the SLH-has-25-puppies episode.

The Office - The Client (michael/jan/tim meadows in chilis, jim/pam "date") episode, this is probably my favorite episode of the show and I figured it was a decent introduction to it also. Definitely better than giving him the crappy pilot.

Lost - Pilot.

Only thing I have lined up for next one is Sopranos pilot. Any thoughts?