Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Joe Pelton hand 25k Bellagio....are you folding in this spot??

[ QUOTE ]
"

The key hand was earlier though. I was back up to 45k. Grinder limps, I make it 1k with 76. Carlos Zambrano (who I didn’t know yet) calls, and Grinder calls.

Flop comes 662.

Grinder checks. I bet 2,100. Carlos calls and Grinder makes it 10k more with like 3k left behind. I make it another 10k and Carlos then moves all in having us both covered. My instinct was to call (I had a little more than 20k left) but I took some time to think about it, he could have 22 a bigger 6…the only hands he might push with are AsKs which I would have thought he’d raise with by now. After a long time I folded. He had AA and beat grinders KJ. I should have had 100k instead of 20k.

First time in my life I made a big fold and it backfires."

[/ QUOTE ]

Serious question, are you laying this hand down in that spot? (obv considering the magnitude of this particular tourney). I know someone can 'always have x-x' in this spot, but isn't this what you are hoping for when coming in for 1k w/ 76s. You hit, you lead out for 2100......?? Also, the flat call with aces threw me off a bit.