Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Sklansky bucks calculator (php script)

[ QUOTE ]
Nice little program, but with not really any practical use, unless I missed something?...etc

[/ QUOTE ]

This can give some kind of indication of skill over a large sample size but the primary reason I wrote this program was a sanity check. If your not consistently making really dumb mistakes like leaving a dollar behind, etc. you can get a decent idea of the sort of equity you have going in, and the total amount you bet vs your total equity is pretty interesting too I think. I especially like the total bet vs. total equity figure because if you have a bunch of hands vs very short stacks where you're might not be a favorite but you're geting good odds to call, it could skew your average ev, but your total bet vs. total equity will reflect that.

I dunno, this is basically a nice little toy, I wouldn't infer a huge amount of meaning for it (especially since, as people have pointed out, it's not 100% accurate) - I find it hugely helpful for my sanity though.

BTW, I haven't really participated much in this thread because I was being absolutely swamped with suppo rt requests. In general, I was annoyed by the tone of a lot of them (several people rudely demanded help and bitched me out about whatever perceived flaws they saw or problems they had) - it doesn't really encourage me to post this sort of stuff as I don't get anything out it but headaches. If you're still having trouble, just wait. Phil's program will make you wet your pants. Seriously this guy's [censored] amazing.