Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2007, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Ram Vaswani speaks about that \'Golf Game\'.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just feel its fine to try and gain some kind of edge in the game.. however there has to be a line which when crossed the behaviour becomes unacceptable. You can't gain an advantage at any cost. I would say it is perfectly acceptable for Ivey to pretend to play badly to gain extra shots from Ram then when he's happy he has an edge then to up the stakes... but when directly asked how muched he had played and to lie about it then this becomes unacceptable and the game should be deemed void.

I 100% agree with Ram... but I don't really blame Ivey for having a go.. but its a bit bad to try and con a friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine. You think the line should be drawn before what Ivey did. Every single person on this thread who gambles on golf, in any serious fashion, disagrees whole-heartedly with you. I guess its a case where reasonable people differ? Or maybe you are just wrong, and they are right.

Do we both agree that checkraising is ok, or do you draw the line before that as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for telling me I'm wrong great arguement on your part!

[/ QUOTE ]

What more do you want? Honestly. You've made it clear you draw the line before what Ivey did. So what? Its arbitrary. You think what he did was wrong, how could anyone convince you otherwise? More importantly, what difference does it make? The people who play golf for money draw the line somewhere else, and their opinion is the only one that really matters.

Seriously, are your feelings hurt by being told you are wrong? If it makes you feel better, ultimately the lines are arbitrary and your line is just as valid as theirs, except no one will observe your line and you should almost certainly never play golf for any kind of money with anyone who isn't just like you.